Friday, June 8, 2012

Stitch 'N Bitch

L, a good friend of mine, has recently re-introduced herself to her knitting needles for the first time in a long time. She sent me a text saying that she had done so and that we should get together for a Stitch 'N Bitch session one of these days. 


Well. I jumped on that bandwagon quicker than one of my cats on tuna and, let me tell you, that's pretty darn fast. Knitting? With a good girlfriend? AWAY from my family for a couple of hours? For the cost of a coffee (well, a hot chocolate in my case)? Where do I sign up?


We started meeting a few Friday nights ago and you should have seen us both that first night. I swear, we were like two teenagers who were both grounded and had snuck through our bedroom windows to attend some teenage rite of passage, we were that giddy. Yes, that is what's exciting to women over forty, knitting and a coffee on a Friday night. Heck, last Friday night we shared knitting, some yarns (of the chatting variety) and even took in a movie afterwards. Wild women. Truly.




Interested? You don't even need to bring knitting needles. The only requirements are that you are toilet trained, can feed yourself and you don't require an allowance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment