Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rite of Passage

In what seems like a ridiculously short period of time, Eldest headed off for his first day of Kindergarten this past Thursday, September 6, 2012. He was thrilled!

WOO HOO! Says Iain!
Though I didn't end up shedding any tears at his school, the week prior to Iain's first day saw me in short fits of tears. To me, school is a huge rite of passage for both children and their parents and I was crying over the fact that 'this is it'.


From now on, we will have few days when I have all three boys home with me, days when we can stay in our pyjamas all day if we want or get up and get ready to hit one of the many programs or locations that have become so important to maintaining my sanity as the kids tear around enjoying themselves. This is the start of the big world having more of an impact on Iain than his family will. The start of an outside agency having a huge impact on our family schedule (can you say 'homework'?) and lifestyle. The start of significant peer influence. The last day of all boys being at home together.

Middlest wasn't quite as happy as his big brother about Iain going to school. He wanted to go to school TOO!

At the ripe old age of three, Aidan seemed to know exactly what
impact Iain's first day of school would have on his life.

Outside Iain's school.

Because Aidan was so upset, we didn't manage to capture all three boys in a a blog worthy picture at the school.



Iain was too cool. We found his class room and teacher, dropped his things off into his locker and got him changed into his indoor shoes. The teacher took a first day of school family picture of us all and Iain went to his desk calling out "See ya!" as he sat down.

Sniff.

I am so proud of you my big boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment