Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Little Bit of Crochet

I know there are some knitting and crocheting purists out there but I'm not one of them. I couldn't tell you which one I prefer the most. Knitting allows me to relax and read a book, watch TV or simply sit and think. Crocheting is fast and satisfying. I often compare the two to changing channels on TV. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for a quick and satisfying project that will be completed NOW. Other times I want a slow and steady project that is akin to therapy.

Recently, one of my cousin in laws asked me if I could crochet something over the handles of her bag. This bag is very important to her having been purchased many, MANY years ago when she lived in India. It's unfortunate that I didn't get a better, true to life colour picture of the bag but, as I gave the bag back, these will have to do.


The picture shows the true colour of the bag and the yarn (which
was practically a perfect Briggs and Little match).
It also shows where the woven handle was worn.

Ta da! Horrible florescent lighting steals the show but I think the picture still shows the handle fix nicely.

Awww! It's so nice to know that this piece will last years
longer now that the handles are protected.
A concurrent project to the handle fix was a pretty Granny Square cushion whose colours were inspired by Lucy and her Attic24 blog which is one of my all time favourite blogs that I visit practically every day.


As is normal for me, I worked on this project during leisure times at my course, on picnics and in the van or car, sitting on an airplane, etc..




The yarn I used is KnitPicks Swish Worsted. I love the springiness of wool SO much which was  firmly brought home to me when I was recently working on a project completely hooked in cotton. No relief for the hands there that's for sure.

Ta da! I am missing a picture of the pretty back of this pillow and will add that to the blog sometime in the future. For now, know that I finished the back exactly the same as Lucy shows in this tutorial.

Cute cushion!

Cut cushion with cute cat.
Any crocheting in your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment