Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day Eleven: Languishing WIPs

This post is for anyone who has been unduely impressed by the amount of finished projects I've blogged about since the beginning of the month. I don't want you to think that I don't require sleep and got all of these projects done in the blink of an eye. Here are my secrets. Firstly, your children need to all be three years old or older. Secondly, it's amazing what you can get done but committing ten minutes a day at something. Ten minutes has given me completed rugs, completed sweaters and a myriad of other completed projects. Some of them have taken years to complete but, they're done. Let's talk about the pile of things that aren't done.

For the uninitiated, WIP stands for 'work in progress' and I thought it time to show a few on the blog. This is a bit painful, mind you, as the majority of what I'll be showing you are projects that have been languishing anywhere from a few months to many, many years. And I will not be showing you them all. That would simply take too long and be too depressing (for me). Honestly, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

So, let's haul open the doors of the craft room and have a look. Ready?

This WIP hasn't been waiting too long as I started it about a month ago. I haven't done any decorative painting in years and 2015 has seen me paint a couple of projects. This one has been waiting so long to be finished that it's dusty.


Two sleeves done and this is the back of another sweater. I realized that it's taking more yarn than anticipated and, as I purchased this yarn in Alaska, it's not easy for me to get more. As an alternative, I've started a front panel and intend on knitting both the front left and right sides so that if I do run out of yarn and need to buy another of a different lot number, you will only notice on the back.


I purchased this fabric for a runner as a memento of my trip to NYC and Purl Soho in May of 2014. It only needs to be ironed and the ends hemmed up with some pretty embroidery.


I finished this pattern from a NL designer in 2006 and it's still waiting to be framed or put into a small quilt to frame it. I really feel this project is sad about being left to 'age' so long.


This is another 'aged' project. It's been waiting at least a year and a half. It's a pretty sweater pattern and I've already put so much time in it. Why isn't this finished?!? Ah, life.


However, I did finish pumpkin number two. Meet Max (his partner in crime is Bessie).


And here he is for a size comparison so you know how big these pumpkins are. So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment