Friday, October 16, 2015

Day Sixteen: I Did It Again

What's a girl to do when she has too many WIPs (Works In Progress)? Start another one of course! I found the blog Pink Milk through Lucy's Attic24 blog and have grown to love it. I also love Pink Milk Heather's designs and decided that I had to have a pair of these Rosie Mitts. I am quite taken with the cross stitched roses and I think that the style will go wonderfully with the Cloche Hat I blogged about a few days ago.


These, plus Heather's Sloppy Sunday Cowl, would make a set! And doesn't every girl need a new cold weather set before the snow comes?


I've started with the left mitten and am really enjoying this new to me crochet style. The pattern calls for single crochet (US terms) into the back of the previous row which gives a suspiciously 'knit like' look to the ribbing. Some of you knitting purists are thinking "if you want a knitted look then why not just knit it in the first place?" Because this pattern is just so darn pretty.


I barely started this last night and hope to have one full mitten (kind of an oxymoron for fingerless mittens but you get my drift) completed before bed.


Bliss.

***

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who are still reading past the mid way mark of the month. It is really inspiring to me that you continue to read and comment, if not on the blog then on Facebook. Your support is keeping me going on this writing and crafting challenge and I really appreciate each and every one of you.

XO

3 comments: