Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day Twenty-Five: A Busy Weekend

I was at the Steeped Tea table at the Glacier in Mount Pearl yesterday. This fair is such a lovely start to the Christmas fair shopping season. However, I was hosting a vendor table so I didn't get the chance to look around much but was kept nice and busy answering questions and selling tea. I love being at craft fairs and meeting all the people that stop by.


The temperatures have definitely been more Autumn like this past weekend and we have enjoyed using our new stove once or twice.

Picture taken by Eldest.

There is nothing like sitting in a rocking chair next to a warm stove knitting (yes, knitting not crocheting!). The stereotypical Grandmother was onto something.

I just cast on this project for a special friend of ours. Hopefully he'll like it. Even better, hopefully he'll wear it. Yes, it's a new project. It's amazing that DH and I have been happily married for 19 years because I have no project fidelity that's for sure!

I spent today at a craft retreat at the St. John's MFRC (Military Family Resource Centre). It was awesome. I'm working on a large project that I cannot write a blog post about as it's a special surprise present for Christmas but I did get a great amount of work done on it today. Another afternoon's worth of time and I should be able to hand it over to DH for the final touches.

Is anyone else starting to think about homemade Christmas presents?

3 comments:

  1. You amaze me worth how buzy your life is and how positive you are. So far 3 quilt tops to be sandwiched and waiting to visit my friends long arm. Other than that I'm super buzy getting ready for Artisan Fair at the end of nov. once I've concurred that it silk be Christmas items only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me worth how buzy your life is and how positive you are. So far 3 quilt tops to be sandwiched and waiting to visit my friends long arm. Other than that I'm super buzy getting ready for Artisan Fair at the end of nov. once I've concurred that it silk be Christmas items only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not all sunshine and roses. I do try to stay upbeat on the blog though. Having to pull something cheery from a crap day is therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete