Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day Twenty- Four: Coming up Flowers

We have had an amazing fall here on the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland and Labrador. Warm, summer like weather most days - Middlest is still wearing his Crocs to school everyday! Mind you, the child doesn't feel cold like the rest of us. By and large, it's been a wonderful late summer.

My roses are still blooming!
There is some evidence of lower light due to the Autumn sun, however. My crab cactus puts on a gorgeous display twice a year when there is a change in the amount of sunlight it receives usually around Halloween and Easter.



And this African violet is loving the weather right now. I particularly love the colour combination of this beauty.

3 comments:

  1. I want roses here.... the ones like you have. .. do you know weekday type yours are. ...all I can think of is bush roses. Hopefully I can find some I won't kill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers in fall make everything brighter. I particularly love the colours in the violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. My rose is called 'Angelface', Susan. Thanks, Karen. That's why I bought that particular one. I manage to keep African violets alive very well!

    ReplyDelete