Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Busy, Busy

Aren't we all busy? It doesn't seem to matter what stage of life you're at, the regular refrain I hear is "I'm so busy." My family is no different and right now we're gearing up for some extreme busy.

Eldest and Middlest's joint birthday party this year will be held on July 2nd. The following weekend, my mother's side of the family - over 80 of us - are converging on their place of birth for a huge family reunion which I am, gulp, organizing. It's a little like a wedding except longer as it is over both Saturday and Sunday. The number of attendees are fantastic and surprising as family members are coming from all over Canada for this.

So, I'm busy. REALLY busy right now. And what does that mean? It means every creative idea I've repressed over the past few years is coming to the forefront of my brain. Why is that? I don't have time to be more creative than what I need to be to make decorations for both events. Still, I found myself last weekend furiously stitching up a pattern that I hope will become the first in a series of design kits that I want to sell to the general public.

It's an idea I've had on the back burner for years. I've always wanted my own yarn or craft shop but I'm too nervous to get into the game. And, lets be frank, have had little time over the past ten years. Luckily, some excellent craft and yarn stores have opened up in our area over the past few years so there's really no need for me to open one other than to want to open one (don't most people who are involved in crafting/making/creating?).

So, with no time on my hands and party deadlines looming, I've been working on something else entirely. Something I'm not really ready to share more about on the blog unless it becomes a reality but something I wanted to note here as it's where my head is at the moment. When I'm on holiday or the opposite - crazy busy - my creative mind comes up with the best ideas and I'm loath to turn them off. There's nothing like the rush of a new project to get me going and what I'm working on will give me something to look forward to after the party and reunion are over because all of this preparation and the event itself will come to an end and this frenzied anticipation will wear off and then where will I be? A summer spread out ahead of me with nothing to do (ha!) but care for three (or four occasionally) children.

Let the preparations and increased creativity begin...

And because I hate writing a post without pictures, here's where I am on a different project. Lots to go but lots done too!


No comments:

Post a Comment