Saturday, July 30, 2016

Late To The Party

On our front deck, August 2015.
Hello there! I'm late to Amy's last Five on Friday link up until September which is a shame. However, I am back to write a weekly post regardless! Unlike the Five on Friday link up posts where I offer up five tidbits of what we've been up to, I thought I'd concentrate on my travelling 'Commitment' sweater so you can see what it's been up to.

Kelly Park, Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove, August 2015.
According to Ravelry, I started Jane Ellison's Ayrton Sweater last August (2015). (I've been calling it my 'Commitment' sweater ever since because this pattern is really more of a coat than a sweater and the instructions start off with "...knit 23 1/2 " in garter stitch". If that's not commitment, I don't know what is!). I was making great inroads with it at the time and kept at it completing both sleeves (I like to do sleeves first or after making the back) and was half way up the back when another project lured me away. There is no project monogamy in this house. None.

I picked this sweater up again about two months ago and have been knitting furiously ever since. Let's see some of the places I've been knitting.

Back to Kelly Park.


On the beach after a wonderful day on Bell Island complete with a tour of the Miner's Museum.


True colours. Love!


Enjoying the boys playing with their cousin at the Johnson Geo Centre.


Watching Eldest play soccer (football) whilst his brother's played in a different part of the field. I am always the only one knitting.


This one should be pretty obvious;)! The boys were in the play place after a 'healthy' lunch. Don't judge.


Back to Kelly Park and a view of my new knitting project bag.


Back and sleeves laid out on the back deck so you get some idea of my commitment levels. It measures 37" from the top of the back to the bottom, most of it garter stitch (which I do love the look of on a sweater by the way).


And though I didn't get a picture, I sat this afternoon working away on the last section of my sweater with a WONDERFUL group of ladies at one of my LYS' (local yarn shops) called Cast On Cast Off (COCO). I hadn't been in this shop in quite awhile and wasn't aware of the knit together on Saturdays so it was a pleasant surprise to join in with the very welcoming group. What a lovely experience. I will try and make a point of dropping in more regularly though there may have been some yarn acquisition while I was there and it is singing it's siren song.... I'm trying to resist and knit this sweater already! Thanks for the warm welcome, Katie and Katie and Katie...

No comments:

Post a Comment